Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Five

1. Kentucky Wins: The Kentucky Wildcats won the NCAA National Championship! You may be wondering why I am so excited about this. Well, in the past 62 years, anytime Kentucky won the championship, the Yankees won the World Series. That is enough to Get me and a few Yankees excited, too; "Maybe it's Andy coming back. Maybe it's that this could be Mo's last year. Maybe it's Kentucky winning the national championship—the last six times Kentucky won, the Yankees did too. There's definitely a lot of optimism this year," Teixeira said. So congratulations and thank you to Kentucky. I am even more excited about the Yankees than before!
I really want to see this again this year!!!!

2. Straw Pom Pom Bag from Modcloth: OK, so I was not supposed to shop seeing as I gave it up for Lent, but this has been a stressful 4 weeks for me and I caved......but look at what I bought! This gorgeous woven tote has everything I want in a summer bag: pom poms, navy and white stripes, a peek of pink, and a sturdy handle. I can imagine all of the fun times I will have with my new bag. I can pack it up full of books and goodies, put it in the front basket of The Sweetness (for those who don't know The Sweetness is my awesome bike) and ride to the park, where I can read in the shade. Get it here


3. Alex Prager Compulsion: Prager is by far my favorite contemporary photography. She mixes editorial and fine art photography in such a fluid way, that I often wonder if her images were made for high fashion magazines or for art galleries. Her new show opened last night in New York, Los Angeles and London and I cannot wait to go see it. I am sure there will be more movie references and more stories to tell in true Prager fashion.



4. Hello Flawless Oxygen Liquid Foundation from Benefit Cosmetics: A few weeks ago I got the pleasure of hosting a Benefit Cosmetics House Party. The goal of the party was to try this amazing new oil-free liquid foundation. I usually do not wear makeup unless there is a wedding to go to, but since this came in to my life, I have been faithfully wearing it. I have received so many compliments on how great my skin looks. It is light weight, natural looking and it has SPF 25!!! I love products with SPF in them. The foundation is also rated PA+++, which means that it has the highest possible level of sun protection. This product transforms my face from dull to fresh. I am in love!



5. The Webster for Target : The look book for Target's new collaboration was released yesterday. Target has paired up with Miami boutique, The Webster, to offer the most adorable preppy and beachy items. Just like the Jason Wu collaboration, I want everything in the look book. I cannot help myself. Just in time for the memorial Day Weekend summer kick off, The Webster for Target will hit stores on May 6. You can view the look book and enter to win a beach bag from the collection at Refinery29.


No comments:

Post a Comment