Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Five

1. Domino Magazine: In 2009, when Domino Magazine stopped publication, I was devastated. I still have every single copy of this stylish shelter magazine, so you can guess how I excited I was when the company announced that they would be publishing a special edition of the magazine called Quick Fixes. The magazine focuses on easy, inexpensive changes that will help to make a big difference in your home. The $11 price tag is a bit hefty for a magazine, but I feel like I have been saving up for it for the last 3 years!





2. Missoni for Converse: This past weekend, Converse and Missioni released their special edition high top sneakers and they do not disappoint. They are available in three colors and retail for $200. While this is not the first collaboration Converse has done with Missioni, it might be my favorite. Last years stripe pattern was bold and bright and limited what you could wear the sneakers with. This years chevron pattern comes in muted tones of pale mint green and white.There is also a navy blue woven pattern. Personally, I think they outdid themselves this year. They seem to go with so much more.  My favorite is the green. I cannot wait to wear them all summer long. You can purchase them here.






3. Andy Warhol for Uniqlo: Since Uniqlo hit New York a few years ago, the Japanese store has been bringing affordable fashion to the masses. The company does a great job of partnering with famous brands to offer cute pieces for both men and women. Currently, Uniqlo offers clothing collaborations from Lulu Guiness, Barbie, Orla Keily, the Museum of Modern Art and Andy Warhol. The Warhol shirts are fantastic. They are exactly what Warhol intended - art for the masses. There are six designs and each shirt is $24.90. Buy them here.




4. Rebecca Minkoff Sunglasses: It is no secret that I am obsessed with Rebecca Minkoff. What can I say, I love everything she makes. Although I have been patiently waiting for the Rebecca Minkoff Baby G watch, I am very excited that her line of sunglasses will be available on April 27 - right in time for summer in New York. I am particularly fond of the Varick style. The dark to light brown fade of the frames will go great on all complexions - tan or not. They are UVA and UVB coated, which is the first thing you should look for when purchasing sunglasses. You can buy them right on the Rebecca Minkoff site.





5. Ciate Caviar Manicure: Nail art is so popular right now. Salons like Valley NYC do the most amazing designs and make each nail look like miniature pieces of art. Ciate Caviar Manicure is nail art in a bottle. The two part system, features pearlescent beads that give your nails a 3-D effect. It comes in black, white or rainbow and is available at Sephora.


No comments:

Post a Comment