Thursday, July 18, 2013

I have not left the house today


I could give a million excuses why I do not leave the house with the baby when hunny is at work  - I do not drive. The heat wave is unbearable. I am too tired. I have too much to do around the house.  None of those are the real reason why. Honestly, I am simply afraid. Maybe it is because I watched too many episodes of Law and Order : SVU when I was pregnant or because there are so many horrible news stories about children being hurt, but the idea of leaving the house with CJ kills me. Every parent wants to protect their child, but I worry that I am taking it too far. I live in a wonderful neighborhood filled with good people. I grew up here. It is a great place to raise a family. Yet, I still worry that when I walk out the door with the baby, some crazy person is going to hit me over the head and steal her. Is this a common concern? Am I taking it too far? I am really not sure anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment